The British bike thread

1984 Competition 12's in 60 and 62 cm. Need a 57 and a 54.5 cm to complete the set. :)

0ea6016a-edb1-4703-89cc-ebb914a6ba1a.jpg

Does the panel think that the British bicycle scene would have been better if Raleigh and Holdsworth had not tried to hoover everyone else up in a battle that ultimately cost Holdsworth it's existence ? Am I missing something in my assumption that it's a great shame ?

Does the panel think that the British bicycle scene would have been better if Raleigh and Holdsworth had not tried to hoover everyone else up in a battle that ultimately cost Holdsworth it's existence ? Am I missing something in my assumption that it's a great shame ?
I'm not entirely sure there was a market for the smaller brands as they weren't doing anything that different. By being bought up at least the brand survived, even if in a badge engineered way.

Not sure I am part of the panel with my descent, but I have always thought this a great shame. It happened in the Netherlands to a lesser extent, but it was also to do with changes in the market and some builders not being able or willing to change with it.

Not sure I am part of the panel with my descent, but I have always thought this a great shame. It happened in the Netherlands to a lesser extent, but it was also to do with changes in the market and some builders not being able or willing to change with it.
You're the research officer, forgot to tell you:p
Your opinion is always welcome.

Back