The bike you SHOULD be riding......

Wasn't there a bi-cross thing for a while? Were they 24" wheels?

I guess you could get something like this, longer seat-post, hub gear and it would do the job for a ride further than the corner shop.

Probably some lard could be taken off replacing steel parts with AL.

1657892824765.png

What's the frame there Woz, not the bicross monstrosity

Early Airborne Corsair. Straight gauge Ti. Essentially pre Van Nicholas. Chinese made.

This is a lower model, but I can't fault it. The higher end models are really nice. Construction quality and weight is not as good as high end retro race grade Ti from Sandvik - which shouldn't come as a surprise really.

Here's a photo of the spec. card. copyright in 2001 with some of my scribble over it. Hope it readable.

1657895836510.png

By this time most manufactures were already looking towards full suspension, longer travel, disk brakes etc. etc. Hardtails - at least in my view - started to move away from Norba geometries. Voodoo had a similar sort of budget Ti frame reasonably priced around 1999 called the D-Jab if I remember right.

Early Airborne Corsair. Straight gauge Ti. Essentially pre Van Nicholas. Chinese made.

This is a lower model, but I can't fault it. The higher end models are really nice. Construction quality and weight is not as good as high end retro race grade Ti from Sandvik - which shouldn't come as a surprise really.

Here's a photo of the spec. card. copyright in 2001 with some of my scribble over it. Hope it readable.

View attachment 644283

By this time most manufactures were already looking towards full suspension, longer travel, disk brakes etc. etc. Hardtails - at least in my view - started to move away from Norba geometries. Voodoo had a similar sort of budget Ti frame reasonably priced around 1999 called the D-Jab if I remember right.
Not a bad looking commie ride at all. Sign me up! I always want to try frames from China, ever since I looked on the chinertown forum, but it's only ful lof carbon lovers and fatties don't do carbon! We do bacon grease!

Reactions: Woz
Lovely. A few questions if you don´t mind: what fork is that? 2.2 or 2.3 xkings? 26in or 27.5?
Kona P2, 2.3, 26inch. Will run 2.5's in the winter. Fork is due for respraying alongside frame sometime. P2's always been a staple for my bikes.

Latest posts

Back