The best brake pads you've ever used.

Used to have some mathauser pads, damn they were awesome, wet, dry didn't matter, they haulled me up.
Only problem i had with them, I started running them on my DH bike (manitou FS) and could not get front or back wheel out, was even a struggle when tyre deflated, then I somehow broke the pad holder on one... then i swithed to v's and they sat in a box for ever.

T'boo Ted":c4i1g1ko said:
Used to have some mathauser pads, damn they were awesome, wet, dry didn't matter, they haulled me up.
Only problem i had with them, I started running them on my DH bike (manitou FS) and could not get front or back wheel out, was even a struggle when tyre deflated, then I somehow broke the pad holder on one... then i swithed to v's and they sat in a box for ever.

They are very good, I'll have some for sale very soon. ;)

FWIW, I've tried all the systems apart from boutique stuff, found the best was XT MT60 SLR Plus levers and XTII low pro canti's, with Scott Matthauser pads. But even then I'm selling the lot as now I have Maguras the whole canti thing is a distant memory! I "heart" Maguras. :LOL: ;)

rider":wj0jjplb said:
medoramas":wj0jjplb said:
But on the other side I have not noticed any rim wear after 3 winter months of using them.
You are LUCKY!
I have now some noname brake pads and it seems so I have to change rims instead of brakepads! :shock:
It used to be other way around!
I must try them because I am very disapointed with mine brakes in wet.

yup, thats why I eventually gave up on rim brakes & went to disc brakes. replacing rims is time consuming & expensive (compared to disc brake pads!)

Ritchey Reds. Before V-brakes came out and everyone was on canti's upgrading from the stock pad to a ritchey red pad was a huge improvement. I had purple ano Critical Racing Cantilevers, they had a nice snappy return spring and good power. The red ritchey pads compound provided a lot more stopping power and feel (modulation) - and the sheer size of the pad and body (all made of the rubber pad material with a metal post in the back) kept them cooler and they didn't fade on downhill runs

Latest posts

Back