The best brake pads you've ever used.

Koolstops or tiogas for me, tiogas probably edging it slightly as they are about half the price and just as good. The only rim they don't like is my ceramic mavic. They still work fine, but howl like a bitch no matter how I set them up.

I have some ancient mathausers and they are mighty fine on my ceramics, only thing is it seems a terrible shame to use them but then again im not sure it is normal behaviour to hoard old brake pads.

A bit of an update :p

After replacing the whole brake cables set I have to say that Koolstops Salmons are awesome too :D
Long ride in very wet and muddy conditions last Monday and I had braking power every time I needed, with very little effort (Servo Wave helped too).
My friend, who is better rider and has got more modern XT v-brakes was complaining about how dangerously it was in places, as he didn't have brakes (Shimano pads...). "I need disc brakes" - he said. I said "What?" ;)

Sorry, Koolstop, for not too keen thinking about you earlier on!

grey Aztecs BITD, running canti's

Green Swissstops now on V's

erm, avid ones on the only disc brakes I own.. :oops:

I like Swiss stop, Aztec and clarks. The clarks I use on the road bike work very well in the wet. I have not tried there V-brake pads yet becuase I no longer use V's.

I have not tried KS, Jagwire's more expensive's offerings, Fibrax or BBB's offerings.

Back