That one bike you'll probably never own but would die for

shogun":2e7j4byr said:
Obviously I've no hope of owning Palmer's factory Intense M1

I'd say theres at least a chance, he put a few of his bikes on ebay a few years back & they didnt make the reserve. start saving & track him down.

For me it would be an early 90's brodie with a gatorblade fork (expresso, sovereign, climbmax). I may get one someday if the stars align properly.

I'm struggling to think of another. Ive been lucky and pretty much owned the bikes I dreamt of having, still have a few of them.. I think the only bike I could fancy owning but haven't is a Mantis Pro Floater or Screaming V. Apart from that nothing honestly springs to mind.

Re:

1993 Bridgestone MB-1

Non Bridgestone dream-bikes include the Rocky Mountain Tantalus and Ritchey P-23.

First thing that comes to mind is the American Beryllium. But then I wonder if I'd even dare to ride it.

What I would really like to find is a Coggs Frameworks. These were made in Calgary, but that's really all I know about them.

I saw a couple of hardtails back in the day, and they were like the Rocky Mountain Wedge, but with even more slope to the top tube, and really unusual frame details.

And then a couple years ago, I found this on Canada Day;

I really should have hung around to try and chat with the owner - just a crazy bike.

Attachments

• IMAG0266.jpg
    IMAG0266.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 503
scant":2ol8px9m said:
shogun":2ol8px9m said:
Obviously I've no hope of owning Palmer's factory Intense M1

I'd say theres at least a chance, he put a few of his bikes on ebay a few years back & they didnt make the reserve. start saving & track him down.

True, but I'm perfectly happy to build a replica.

I'd quite like this:

IMG_4026.JPG

though that particular obsessive bike weirdo has a number of bikes I would also like. Git.

MADB":7hkoqjnr said:
Kestrel MXZ this 88 one is just so bloody nice, one of the first bike mags I bought had a picture just like this one in it and it was still on my bedroom wall long after my Wendy James poster was taken down. :shock:

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 86663.html

Love that Kestrel as well and gloated over them around the same time frame. The picture in the link show the thumbies a bit too far in towards the stem for me calling for some sketchy shifting. :shock:

Back