Thank god the hot weather is going

I'm going to bump this thread back up in January.

We'll see if everyone is happy with the snow and ice! ;)

It has been beautiful these last few days. Bbqs and relaxing by the water, glass of wine and a good book.

What is to hate?

Unless you are in a competition, you can just slow down and take it easy.

It is over too soon, why not drink it all in?

For anyone thinking us highlanders are lacking exposure to the sun, take a look at the amount of outdoors work and play we do.

I will be out and about every day, regardless of the weather, all through the winter.

I know plenty of London dwellers who will be tucked up on their sofas for most of the winter, despite the milder weather they enjoy.

:)

I was talking to someone recently who spends a lot of time in Brunei, they don't have any variation in the weather there, so it's never really discussed, and would certainly never cause a situation where one person would find another's opinion objectionable enough to tell them to "STFU", which, let's face it, is kind of rude unless said in jest.

I personally like a cooler day if I'm on my bike for a few hours, 12 degrees is about perfect. Sunny days are nice for a slow paced roll through the woods though. When it gets really cold wonderful things like Gore-Tex shoes make a comfortable ride quite possible.

Just got from a baking day out at the FoD. I've never seen it so busy, drove into the overflow carpark and managed to find a spot 50 meters from my house! :shock:
The short sojourn to the pub on the way home was most welcome. :cool:

Say it how it is Velo :LOL:
I do understand ...to a point for me its ...will this lovely hot weather mean that the pint of Dognobbler mean a headache on the return route :LOL:

Re: sun in scotland

Tazio":b744vecc said:
matthew71":b744vecc said:
you actually get sun up there? i thought most of you where a pale blue colour :LOL:

Yes I am indeed pale blue, I aspire to beige.

And you from Warwickshire, the San Tropez of the midlands.

the site owner is from warwickshire, be careful :LOL:

Girl!

I managed 30 miles on/ off road today plus another 12 miles of beach walking.

I went through 4 litres of fluids (including a rather alarmed landlord watching me down a pint of bitter shandy in about 3 seconds) and I look like a nuclear blast observer.

Theres gonna be a lotrt of odd looking tanned people with colds come next week...

zimbob":3map1i4d said:
The weathers rubbish up here, tipping down :(

Had to cancel our road-bike plans, and head into the woods instead on the MTBs, so at least all was not lost :)

?????

Are you having a larf?

It was misty earlier, some precipitation but it turned into a beautiful day, you went out too early!!!!!!

:)

Back