Thanet Silverlight - worth selling the car for?

Re:

One thing it is not a racing cycle. The most you could do is a little gentle touring, but you might be better fitting wheels on a victorian bedstead.

Rotrax did their best, I wonder what happened to the frame jig that was down there. I left the other one in the backstreet shop in Bedminster, Bristol, in 1959, which is now 2 small flats.

It may not look like it, but the frame is virtually lugless, with bits of decoration tacked on. The one inch seat and down tubes are under specified. The lower head lug is made from a top lug slotted and rewelded to get the angle, but is only brazed to the back of the head tube.

Keith

Re: Re:

keithglos":34dv6esn said:
One thing it is not a racing cycle. The most you could do is a little gentle touring, but you might be better fitting wheels on a victorian bedstead.

Rotrax did their best, I wonder what happened to the frame jig that was down there. I left the other one in the backstreet shop in Bedminster, Bristol, in 1959, which is now 2 small flats.

It may not look like it, but the frame is virtually lugless, with bits of decoration tacked on. The one inch seat and down tubes are under specified. The lower head lug is made from a top lug slotted and rewelded to get the angle, but is only brazed to the back of the head tube.

Keith

Looks bloody nice all the same though. I certainly wouldn't say no to it.

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder, someone will love it.

BITD there was a penchant for the CTC guys to go out and buy a "Flying Gate"..........horrid looking birdcage of metal but I guess they are worth something.

Give me the classic minimalist lines of 70's TT machinery :)

Shaun

Midlife":3777qvg4 said:
Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder, someone will love it.

BITD there was a penchant for the CTC guys to go out and buy a "Flying Gate"..........horrid looking birdcage of metal but I guess they are worth something.

Give me the classic minimalist lines of 70's TT machinery :)

Shaun

Always fancied a TJ Flying Gate. Another design classic.

Re:

Stands out from the crowd . I wonder how stiff the bottom bracket is . Another odd ball design like the Paris Galibier,Bates, Saxon, Sun Manx tt and as already mentioned the Flying Gate . It would fit in well with my collection of different frame types . However pockets are not that deep and the gaffer would have kittens so to speak :shock:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

The collectors market in all items is narrow and in terms of its real value , the price is what someone is willing to pay .

Back