Tell me about Orange C-16R

ebay

one on ebay at the moment, not as nice but a good starting point :D . also had no trouble with my prestige which is a similar age

Re: ebay

matthew71":1ngigmbq said:
one on ebay at the moment, not as nice but a good starting point :D . also had no trouble with my prestige which is a similar age

Seen it but am not going to rush....going to do a lot of research first....and I'll need a smaller size than the ones I've seen on sale so far....am confident that the accumulated knowledge on RB will point me in the right direction :D

My wife rides a 96 one (I've had the frame since new) and she loves it. It's a really nice piece of kit, still looks the biz IMHO, and rides really well.
Got RC35's fitted and mainly LX gear, although i had to fit a new stem, bars and saddle as a concession to comfort!!

I've had mine since new and there's still nothing quite like it. Nice and light and a fantastic ride. Both myself and my mrs have one but whereas mine is just about period bar the Middleburn Duo the other half has a strange mutant thing with old XT and brand new LX. And the biggest seat I've ever seen... Make good tourers with rack mounts etc. Both have Pace forks though... If you're not using F7s then it is the law :cool:

The C16R was made up to 1997 according to their 1998 blurb when it was resurrected as Clockwork
I think the last one was lime green :?

Brilliant frame to ride,i'd love another :cool:

Found out a pic of mine in "commuter" mode. They really are very nice bikes indeed.

IMGP1657.jpg

It's a great looking frame no doubt....and having all alu' frames at the moment I'd be really interested to find out how a steel one rides...

What sort of weight are we looking at fully built up with Pace forks ?

Eddie King":bi4z4t67 said:
It's a great looking frame no doubt....and having all alu' frames at the moment I'd be really interested to find out how a steel one rides...

What sort of weight are we looking at fully built up with Pace forks ?

Not sure on weight I'd guess mine is around 23/24lbs in current guise which is lighter than it would be in that photo. Lighter wheels, kevlar tyres etc.

That really is a shot in the dark though, one day I might weigh it

:D

Look at the catalogues in the gallery here for mid 90s Oranges - some weights are given for frames if nothing else. Then add the known weight of your Pace for for some idea........

Its a great, simple, practical mountain bike. ive used mine for about 15 years - for commuting, touring and mountain biking. Theres never been an issue - Ive never changed a single component either......I dont think.

Love mine....been everywhere with it and it still runs like a peach :D

Had it since new when it was bought for my 21st in 95'....

Latest posts

Back