Teesdale built Dean Team frame

I’m wondering iif anyone could offer me some advice. don’t claim to be a hard core or majot enthusiast. I’ve only recently fell in love with riding at all. I’ll admit it started out of necessity. But I grew to love it. I ride my bike for transportation. I destroyed two road bikes riding over grass, riding over curbs, hitting potholes, etc. I like to ride fast. (at least what I consider to be fast. Initially I bought the dean so that I could ride a little rougher. I started researching this bike because it rides so damn well and I wanted to know more about it. I am learning there is a lot if history with this thing and I’d like to know more about it. I don’t want to try ti make this bike something that it is not. And I don’t want to downgrade. But I need to buy a new crank and I need to shorten the stem. I’m 5 ft..2. The reach is way too far. And the crank has clearky been swapped. This one is cheap and ugly as hell. Can anyone offer recommendations or advice on what would be best? Or offer me any information about the origins of the TET. I know of Teasdale. But I’d like to learn more ..

I’m wondering iif anyone could offer me some advice. don’t claim to be a hard core or majot enthusiast. I’ve only recently fell in love with riding at all. I’ll admit it started out of necessity. But I grew to love it. I ride my bike for transportation. I destroyed two road bikes riding over grass, riding over curbs, hitting potholes, etc. I like to ride fast. (at least what I consider to be fast. Initially I bought the dean so that I could ride a little rougher. I started researching this bike because it rides so damn well and I wanted to know more about it. I am learning there is a lot if history with this thing and I’d like to know more about it. I don’t want to try ti make this bike something that it is not. And I don’t want to downgrade. But I need to buy a new crank and I need to shorten the stem. I’m 5 ft..2. The reach is way too far. And the crank has clearky been swapped. This one is cheap and ugly as hell. Can anyone offer recommendations or advice on what would be best? Or offer me any information about the origins of the TET. I know of Teasdale. But I’d like to learn more ..

What history is with the bike?

Pictures in the daylight tomorrow ;) what was quite strange is that the Judy SL that he barely mentioned in the listing and didn't include a photo of is as minty as a mint thing so that was a bonus :cool:

Have you still got this @Jones ?

Post #2 in this thread shows a Dean MTB painted with the diamond pattern like yours is, along with a little history...
"I have a TET built Dean mountain bike in my collection. I sent Dean an email about it years ago and they said it’s a very limited run of team issue frames. Frames were built by Tom Teesdale and paint was done by Keith Anderson"

Post #2 in this thread shows a Dean MTB painted with the diamond pattern like yours is, along with a little history...
"I have a TET built Dean mountain bike in my collection. I sent Dean an email about it years ago and they said it’s a very limited run of team issue frames. Frames were built by Tom Teesdale and paint was done by Keith Anderson"

Have seen this one before, strange in that it has the '97 features but shielded dropouts instead of the Mountain Goat dropouts used by Tom on the other frames.

Back