Team USA Attitude with box forks

pjlarge

Dirt Disciple
I bought this bike a couple of years ago with rose tinted specs around reliving the good times spent on an Attitude when I was 18. I find it too punishing to ride and it's just sitting around the garage so I'd rather free up the cash to buy something modern (sacrilege I know!)

The Attitude has original paint which is still in pretty good condition considering it's 23+ years old. Whilst there is some fading and a couple of sticker marks from way back when, in the sun it looks great.
There are plenty of chips to the paint, close inspection shows countless chips and scratches but from a distance you can barely see them.

The serial number of the frame is A561 and the forks are A0400. This Attitude has the original box forks and chain control device.

The size of the bike is 16" measured centre of BB to centre of top tube and 19" measured to the top of the seat tube.

The frame has no dents, no cracks and the seat tube area is prefect. It would make a perfect candidate frame for a respray if that's your thing.
The only downside is that the top tube has been drilled and a full size cable outer passed through it. Not my doing and would be a nice thing to restore if you did a respray.

Wheels are Wolber AT18s which are nice and true with Ritchey Z-Max amber wall tyres on XT hubs laced with DT Swiss spokes.

Groupset is Shimano XT 21 speed with 2 finger brake levers. All in amazing condition for the age as the groupset came off a garage queen. Rear cassette is a 12-28 and front rings are SG 26,36,46.

There is a Flite titanium saddle and ODI grips on the bars.

The only non period item on the bike (as far as I can see) is the seatpost but that's easily rectified.

Pedals are not included with the bike as I want to retain them for the next one.

Mechanically the bike is in A1 condition, frame condition excellent and paint I'd say is about average for the age.

I'm looking for £1500 for the bike, it's a lot better than many I've looked at. Location is Aberdeen (unfortunately) and my preference would be for collection to minimize the possibility of damage in transit.

I have plenty of photos, please send me a PM with your email address if you want me to send some over.

Thanks for reading.

Re:

Why is there seemingly no interest in this perfectly presentable example with virtually all the right bits. Is everyone on holiday?
£1500 does not seem to far out.

Cheers and bump for you.

Re:

Thanks - possibly the location is hurting as Aberdeen is a long way up north, however I might be prepared to reconsider posting if that helps the deal along :cool:

Re: Re:

pjlarge":binxdxqe said:
Thanks - possibly the location is hurting as Aberdeen is a long way up north, however I might be prepared to reconsider posting if that helps the deal along :cool:

Interest here. Dibs pending questions and further pics please... PM incoming...

Re:

There you go thats better. One hot Sunday and nobody was indoors on the Internet. No bad thing I guess.

Cheers

Back