Tapered headset help!

L-Painter

Dirt Disciple
Recently picked up this very cheap deal on a Vitus carbon frame but came with no rear mech or headset.

I’ve found some information on their website on the headset type but has still thrown me a little bit. I’ve emailed Vitus but am having automatic replies that their server is down.

This is the bike | https://vitusbikes.com/collections/zenium/products/vitus-zenium-carbon-c-road-bike-07e7

And the headset I’ve found | https://www.merlincycles.com/deda-i...medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=shopforwardcss

Thanks for your help :)

Attachments

• IMG_0100.png
    IMG_0100.png
    367.4 KB · Views: 4
Everything matches up between OEM and your selection. Is your bike missing just the bearings or the whole headset?

If you're missing the whole headset, I'd buy the Deda. 57% mark down is a good deal.

Everything matches up between OEM and your selection. Is your bike missing just the bearings or the whole headset?

If you're missing the whole headset, I'd buy the Deda. 57% mark down is a good deal.
It’s missing the entire headset unfortunately. The fork also can’t install a crown trace which has confused me a little bit as it looks like it’s built in to the shape of the fork.

But thanks for you help! The headset I found seemed like a great price so hopefully should do the trick!

The lower bearing in the spec says 47/33 which is 1 1/4" not 1 1/2"
The lower bearing you've linked to is 51.9/40 which is 1 1/2"
If the spec is right the Deda headset is too big.
Google Cane Creek S.H.I.S. for an explanation of the numbers. :)

Ah damn thanks for your help. I’m terrible with numbers and headsets have always confused me!

After hours of searching I’ve found options to piece one together from multiple European websites for about £50. But I think I found the whole set on Ali express. I tend to avoid this website but it might just save me on this occasion.

Ah damn thanks for your help. I’m terrible with numbers and headsets have always confused me!

After hours of searching I’ve found options to piece one together from multiple European websites for about £50. But I think I found the whole set on Ali express. I tend to avoid this website but it might just save me on this occasion.

Brilliant, the HP-4247 looks like the right one. :)

Back