Syncros Cattleprod Stem 22,2mm, 150-160mm, 10-15° rise

SteelBiker

Dirt Disciple
Hello, I'm looking for a Syncros Cattleprod Stem 22,2mm for 1" threaded steerer. It should be 150-160mm long with a rise from 10-15°. If silver or black is not so important (but I have a tiny preference for black).

Edit: no cable hanger please

Thanks for looking
Cheers

It's a 1990 Cannondale, 20" level top tube. I have to shave off some weight. The mounted stem is not really havy at 290g (155, 10°) but the Syncros would save around 60g. ;)
Weight of the bike atm is 10.8kg with a RS Mag 20 and 620g tires.

Re:

Sounds good. Syncros is nice but not common on Cannondale. But it's one of the best made stems so I understand your choice.
I would prefer riding position above weight though, and at 10.8 kg it's certainly no heavyweight.
You could also check the 22.2 Litespeed Tufnek. Nice and light and with a cable guide.

The rise i want is for the riding position, the weight is for a bet. ;)
I think the build is uncommon for CD in all parts. XTR 900 drivetrain and hubs, RM 400 rims, X14 headset, XT 732 cantilevers...
Any suggestions for a time correct light seatpost with setback?

Re:

I can offer these options
NOS 22.2mm quill, 150mm x 3 degree, black. No noodle.
New old stock, but no original packaging. £75
This stem has had grease on the wedge, but doesn't look like it's been fitted. The bolts are virgin and have never seen an allen key.

NOS NIP 22.2mm quill, 160mm x 3 degree, black, with noodle.
NOS, in the packet. Packaging is dated 13th March 1992. Proper time warp. Packet never opened. £100.

All items plus post.
All items have been in and out of storage for the last 25 years so they will have picked up dort or shop marks along the way. Clearly never mounted or ridden, so "zero hours" as far as life and fatigue are concerned.

I don't recall this length being available in 10 degree.... I thought that the rise was for 140, and was 15 degree?? 25 years ago.... really can't remember..... There are a few Syncros experts here that I'm sure will be able to help.

Hmm, maybe that's why I never have seen one of this kind. I have the exact same stem I'd need but for 1 1/8 Steerers, so i thought it should also be available in 22,2mm.
Interesting is your 1st offer, I'll think it over, do some maths regarding handlebar height and maybe will come back to your offer.
Thanks a lot

Back