Switchblade questions

fatandforty

Devout Dirtbag
The old Donahue is now powder coated white and I'm chasing a NOS headset at the mo so I can start the build.

I recently bought a set of Tange switchblade forks through Retrobike and wondered if anyone would have service info, torque values etc.

The forks need realigning and there is some minor damage to the stem where the crown race has been removed and I thought it may be easier to remove the stem and possibly nip the damage of in a lathe?

Also looking for a set of grips suitable for Brahma bars.

Mike

A long time later..............
P1060424.jpg

P1060427.jpg

The first show that they are out of alignment. I'm thinking the little lug should be in line with the head cutout (?)

The second shows the crown damge should I tale them apart and lathe or lightly tickle with a file.

In my experience the little lug can be a shade out. Try a wheel in them and if they are not right back off the bolts a little with the wheel in and tighten back up. Use the traditional Yorkshire torque setting of a mug of tea and then nip up until they feel right.
As for the damage to the crown just lightly fettle with a fine file and don't worry about it too much. Nice forks they are and not shabby at all.

You want some nice bar tape on the bars ;)

Si

I don't have the torque settings but would recomend tight. I have the same crown on my anti gravitys and found myslef slowly steeping my headtube angle for some reason :LOL:

Cheers guys.

I tried Bontrager as well as these were a licenced product but apparently anything pre-Trek they have no info :roll:

Back