Swap or sell GT Zaskar frame, 18".

goneriding

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I have here a GT Zaskar frame, 18", 1992 with a couple of issues.
It has some bad chain suck marks but I don't think any of the cuts go right through the frame.
It has lost it's gear hanger at some point and it looks as though its been modified/altered to take a gearhanger of some sort, two holes have been drilled and tapped by the dropout, these take bolts that tighten up well though the bottom thread seems a bit looser than the top.

I was hoping when I first saw the frame that it would be a project for me to replace the Zaskar that I had stolen two years ago which was pristine, (and which I had adapted into a touring bike which took me along the Canal Du Midi and over the Pyrenees) but after pondering on it I realize I have to let it go and focus on different things.

Anyway the frame has the rear U brake bosses and XT U brake which has the cable clamping bolt missing, a Kalin 26.8 seatpost and seatpost clamp needing a bolt, an XT front mech, and I've left the headset cups in.

I've taken out the wonky bottom bracket and the threads are fine, in fact apart from the chainsuck and the missing hanger the frame is in good condition, no dents or cracks that I can see and it should clean up well, you all know what autosol and a couple of hours can do to these frames but at the age of 63 I'm not up for it.

If you think you're man for the job to give this frame a new lease of life and I think it deserves one then I'm then I'm open to two options, it's yours for £20 collected or I'll swap it for a nice XT crankset.
I'm putting up a load of pics so you can see the condition of this frame which I would reaaly like collected so that you can see in the flesh what you are getting, if you insist on me posting it then I'm prepared to find some cardboard from somewhere and pack it ready for YOUR courier at your cost and if you then don't like the frame I'll take it back if you send it back at your cost. Sorry to sound like a PITA but I can't be bothered faffing about, so if you're the faffing about type then don't bother.

So there you have it, a long-winded advert for an iconic 92 Zaskar frame thats going for a song, if no one wants it I'll hang it in my shed and every time I see it I can reminisce about how lovely my Zaskar used to be.

My old bike.

Frame for sale.

com/user/superal_2006/media/DSC_0022_zpsc28025f7.jpg.html]
DSC_0022_zpsc28025f7.jpg
[/URL]

Re:

Interest noted, if you're in Staffordshire I would normally say I'll meet you halfway but my car is at the garage having some bodywork repaired, it'll be back after the bank holiday apparently.

Re:

Typically I'm car-less at the moment as well but I am trying to arrange some transport. Thanks for being patient!

Back