Swallows Return?

I have a new workshop in town now but every year around this time I would have to cover all the cars up with polly sheeting to keep the shit off. Strangly I'm going to miss that ritual.
No sign of Swallows since Sundays sighting- often happens though, see one and then nothing for a week. Going up to the farm today to see if my old lot have arrived. One male is easily spotted- he lost a leg a few years back. Quite remarkable really- it took days to fall off completely but he carried on feeding his young from dawn til dusk. His early one legged landings were very clumsy but eventually he got it sussed.

Si

Saw a couple of them down by St Marys Island when i was out on the Bonty this afternoon :cool:

First sight of them here for me this afternoon! Due to the crap weather I was inside the workshop servicing our machinery and noticed three flying about up in the roof :D Instantly thought of this thread.....sad bugger ;)

Not seen any swallows yet but have seen the first swifts of the year, 4 in the last 2 days here in Rotherham.

Trevor.

Currently there are 20+ swallows flying around the tree and my roof chasing each other about, incredible flyers.

thought id add the norolk crane to the list of sighted birds ......as seen on gorleston seafront .

Attachments

• 20052009251.jpg
    20052009251.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 952

Latest posts

Back