suspicious relisting of marzocchi atom 2001 forks

Yeah, I used to buy stolen / recovered bikes from an auction, a lot of the time I couldn't make it so would leave a maximum bid for auction staff to bid for me.
90% of the time I won it would be exactly my maximum bid.

Rampage":pk7kxahx said:
Yeah, I used to buy stolen / recovered bikes from an auction, a lot of the time I couldn't make it so would leave a maximum bid for auction staff to bid for me.
90% of the time I won it would be exactly my maximum bid.

Funny how often that happens to me on eBay... I wonder if eBay's real reason for spinning off PayPal is so they wouldn't be included in any audit or financial investigations? :?

Come to think of it - I've had it happen on ebay a few times as well.

But perhaps we're just a very good judge of items' value :D.

Went for 23 quid, about right. Our work here is done![/quote]

I bid on and paid for this fork.Bid at the last moment and paid straight away. I await with interest to see if they arrive.

I also saw them on ebay twice prior to bidding. I had a price in my mind and did not bid the first two times, because I didn't think they were worth the price they had reached. When I saw them re-listed, I asked the seller "had this fork been previously listed and if so, why?" The response was,

"Yes it has, they sold for £40 and person didn't want them. Then the last buyer didn't read the postage note in the description."

As an aside, I have posted frame and fork together for a little of half of the cost the postage on these forks, but that is my choice.

As a second aside, I would have preferred to have purchased the fork from someone on Retrobike, simply because any description on here, I believe would have been as honest as it was possible to be, because this is a small community where name is important and with any luck you may come across the other person in your riding/dealings. Ebay does not have that intimacy. The description of the condition was limited, which may be from ignorance or duplicity. Either way, I am happy for the total price, £38, if the fork is only for parts. I am very happy if they are salvageable, because when all is said and done, this period of Marzocchi forks really are very effective and a joy to maintain.

IanLummes":10hu9lhf said:
Went for 23 quid, about right. Our work here is done!

When I saw them re-listed, I asked the seller "had this fork been previously listed and if so, why?" The response was,

"Yes it has, they sold for £40 and person didn't want them. Then the last buyer didn't read the postage note in the description."

.[/quote]

The winner of the original listing "who didn't want them" appears to have given a feedback for those forks "rapid delivery, top class ebayer". That same winner also posted similar feedback on some brakes, that then appear to have been sold a week later to someone else!!!!!!!

Re:

The winner of the original listing "who didn't want them" appears to have given a feedback for those forks "rapid delivery, top class ebayer". That same winner also posted similar feedback on some brakes, that then appear to have been sold a week later to someone else!!!!!!![/quote]

Dear BJ,
remind me never to cross you, your ability to check stuff out is really impressive. I really enjoyed your absolute conviction to get to the heart of the matter. Particularly "sold a week later to someone else!!!!!!!" That was really wonderful investigation.

An update - the fork has arrived and it is more than the sum of its parts. It is well worth a rebuild, I take back my earlier comment, because I am glad I took a chance and purchased the fork off someone who was 'ignorant' of the forks condition. However, that does not lessen the duplicity of deceitful bidding on ebay.

Latest posts

Back