Suspension forks for a Vitamin T

OrangeChris

Retrobike Rider
I'd like to get some suspension forks for my Vitamin T, can any of you suggest a decent retro fork for canti brakes? I'd also like some modern forks suggestions that might work with it, I have some Fox Floats that I could throw on, but I'm not sure what to watch out for in terms of a fork affecting the geometry.

Cheers!

OrangeChris":1qbnxmlb said:
Mine happens to have a 1 1/8 rigid fork in there at the moment.
You should have a world of options then.

If you wanted to keep it british, but modern, you could go for the RC36 Stealth forks, as these can be had with 'short' travel, and are nice and carbon with the hollowform brace, so light as well.

More retro, but still a great pace fork (probably the same insides as the above) would be the RC36 evo series. Not wanting to hijack this with an offer, but I do have a lovely set of these I was going to sell in the near future, fully fettled by Tim at Fork English and have only been used on my old commuter bike.

You could even go more modern still and get a set of Rebas as you can add a travel spacer to get these down to 80mm travel, same with Fox forks too, though you could get a travel specific set I guess. Not sure how much 100mm travel would affect geometry - not something I have ever worried about too much, as with modern forks, the sag level required tends to bring things into line with the more rigid spring/elastomer settings of older forks.

My question would be - do you want performance or looks/period correctness from your fork?

There are probably plenty of other options - I recently bought a set of retroish magura forks as they get good reviews and are fit and forget, but not used them yet to report back on how they perform.

Re:

Thanks for the responses. I'll give my Fox forks a go and see how it handles, but I'll certainly bear Pace in mind (I've wanted a set since I was a lad).

Re:

If you fancy retro and quirky you could always go with a set of Girvins.

They were an option on Orange bikes in the early-mid 90s. I seem to remember seeing some pictures of their team riders using them.

Would be a cool alternative if you decided to go retro.

Latest posts

Back