Super right Superlight

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just put together my first Santa Cruz.
Started with an ebay frame, added fairly modern entry level drivetrain/brakes/wheels from a local police auction bike and then finished it off with a few parts from the spares box.
Simple, reliable, cheap and perfect for an all-rounder that I can also commute on and lock-up in town without worrying too much.

Took it for a proper ride at the weekend and was impressed by the fact I didn’t notice it. After a quick dial-in it just did it’s job with no complaints or quirks, felt like I’d owned it for years. Already feel like upgrading the spec, but that would defy the purpose of building it :LOL:

Attachments

• F50BA2A6-C043-4C60-BFBA-C69E01A9025A.jpeg
    F50BA2A6-C043-4C60-BFBA-C69E01A9025A.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 487
  • F2F7D222-DD41-4D77-B5BA-5E3839CCCF1A.jpeg
    F2F7D222-DD41-4D77-B5BA-5E3839CCCF1A.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 488
Re:

That’s really nice, love the fact that you didn’t have to spend heaps of cash to get it up and together, well done.
I’m definitely keen to put a Santa Cruz together at some point in the future, never had one as yet..

Re:

Cheers!
As said I'm impressed so far, having owned a few linkage bikes it's nice to have something so simple that does the job done just as well.

I'm from Beds :D living in Sweden now though.

Well, two years down the line and probably unsurprisingly the upgrades happened 😂
To be honest I haven’t used it so much, it usually comes out in the winter when road and bmx riding aren’t really a viable option.

Again I found a donor bike, but with full SLX, including my first set of tubeless wheels, the performance and weight gains are very noticeable with a decent group. Fox forks and a new cockpit finished it off, I think I’ve swapped everything. Still loving the all-round simplicity and chuckability 👍

872B747D-7F39-48A7-9B51-B39CA13BBE4F.jpeg

Back