Super Deluxe rear shock on LTS

teebsgt

Dirt Disciple
What are peoples experience of RS Super Deluxe rear shocks? I have read a lot of scathing reviews from back in the day about them, almost accusing them of unworthy of being in production? I have one on my LTS DH and I think the rebound damping has seized and it was claimed to be a NOS product newly fitted recently?? I haven't even ridden the bike hard at all. Even on minimum setting the shock feels sluggish and doesn't soak up small bumps well, and thinking back it started after I was experimenting with the settings. Was this a common problem? Can anything be done about it?
Also am I correct in thinking no other shock fits the trunion mount LTS without modification?

Hmm yep rebound seems to be stuck at full damping :x

Can anyone vouch for the $40 NOS on Icycles? Also might it be worth replacing with the less sophisticated coupe deluxe unit, I don't want any hassle again with adjusters failing.

I found the Super Delux on my old DH fine, till the seals blew, cant complain though the shock was original and over ten years old.

May be worth getting in touch with TFtuned, they can rebuild the Super Delux and probably fix any damping/adjuster issues, got a quote off them for £70 plus postage, that was a while ago though.

Other shocks can be made to fit but it's not easy due to the trunion, i had a Fox unit on my DH but it had a larger custom trunion (due to the larger body on the Fox shock), there is an STS in the for sale section at the moment with a Fox rear shock.

Risse in the U.S can do new shocks but they are not cheap, about £200-250 i think.

Not a good idea to use the Coupe Delux shock in place of the Super IMHO, the Super suits the long travel linkage on the DH, if you use a Coupe Delux you may find it bottoming out.

i've got the original on mine, and i'd hate for it to go with no way of replacing/fixing.

thanks for the info jimi, really appreciated :D

**edit**

just check the TFtuned site..

Super Deluxe (inc. Pull Shocks) 96-99 £75 (service)
Next Day Return, Mainland UK - Rear shock + £7.00

in all fairness, jimi did say his was over ten years old.

mine is coming up for 12, tho i think it has been stashed in a shed for a fair few of those.

I'm happy to replace like for like with mine if it goes. in fact, i may even pre-empt and get one of those from iCycle (if it isn't too good to be true)

Hmm yeah I guess NOS is still 10+ years old regardless of amount of use.

I might try the Icycles stock, I will report back! ;)

Edit: Click on the purchase link, product does not exist or is discontinued. BUGGER!

Back