Suntour XC Pro Hubs…am I getting into trouble here?

You need to double check that end to make sure.

That cassette will not work.

It has an 11T bottom cog, it was the first to bring in the 11T cog as standard. If it isn't 11T it is not an MD cassette.
That 11T will also have a 12T connected to it, that then screws onto the cassette end in the old way before the lock ring was used.
11-24T for 7 speed, 8 speed adds an extra 28T on.

There are quite a few threads on this.

About the splines.

As stated above, that will not work with a MicroDrive hub.
This is not mine, but it is what you would need:

Notice that it is an AP II, which I can't recall what that means, but it was Suntour's improved index shifting.
Also, AP II MicroDrive stuff is not getting cheaper for NOS stuff.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If you go the 7-Speed MicroDrive set-up, here's something that is pretty cool. These are Suntour's version of Shimano's Rapid Fire shifters.
Be a little different than the more common Suntour "thumbie's"! (These are not mine either, just going down a Suntour rabbit-hole on eBay)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
For my 2pence worth having been a constant xc pro user for 32 years now.....

"Unless you want pain in your life, step away from the hubs'. They are undoubtedly finely engineered bits of kit ( as was all that era of suntour), but parts for them are now very hard work to find in good condition. I haven't bothered since my last rear one wore out in 2013.

Getting cassettes on fine, off.....well thats another story....broken teeth on cogs and bleeding knuckles.

Plus sellers just don't understand what they have so buying can be trying....as your finding out. Its a bit like campagnolo....if you don't speak the language your in trouble at the bar....😂

As for the shifters, i wouldn't go xpress imho...they just didn't work very well. The thumbshifters are the best there is...stick with those....and shimano hubs....unless its a museum piece!

However, if you can accept all this....go ahead as they are great hubs.

Back