Sorted Suntour Ultra 6 Freewheel

We are after much the same, my Wester Ross is a tourer. Best of luck getting one, they seem quite rare.

Just found a lightly used 14-28 maillard compact 6 if it's of any interest. £15 plus £3 postage.

I can't see a PM BOBU, but I think it's only correct for the OP to have first shout. After all, this is his thread. If he confirms it's not for him or doesn't respond, I'll get in touch with you.
Hope that sounds reasonable

Either way, I'd take the chance on it. Appreciate and agree that Ant should have first call. PM me if he declines as I'll take a punt. I fitted a perfect six on the rear wheel I built but the clearance looks too tight, 123mm hub OLD as measured. I really like Suntour kit, it's always been sound on all my road bikes. GIGFY did warn me that the Perfect6 wouldn't work but I'd already bought it anyway. It's been a hold-up with the Wester Ross, along with indecision & prevarication... etc! Either way, thanks for the offer, appreciated ATB.

Keep an eye on eBay and look at photos as I reckon you can tell narrower ones. Just picked up a 14-30 winner pro for a good price that wasn’t marked as ultra but looked like it could be from side on photo. Held it against my daughters mtb 7 speed sis shimano cassette and cog spacing is identical so defo an ULTRA unit but can’t see any designations stating it was.

Back