Sunn Notion 1998 as bike or frame only.

fat freddys cat":3fwuadvl said:
Heyup, reckon the frame would take a 100mm travel fork? I have a newish Commencal Combi that is a bit too small and wouldn't mind moving the bits over to this sweet looking frame. Would probably run a disc up front too.

not really I am afraid :?
these frame were mounted with little amplitude forks - obsys 55 was the biggest if I remember correctly
so I reckon a 65 is OK but 100mm would probably make it a "strange chopper"

a few have tried with 80mm ones
some find it OK, other a bit weird

The Obsys really is pretty fubared in my opinion. People with more time and patience may get it going, but it's not a job for me :)
In my experience you can always fit a fork with 20mm more travel than intended and then bring the handling back into balance with a shorter stem. So I wouldn't put anything longer than 80mm travel on this frame, probably with a stem around 100mm long.

this obsys is the elastobsys, so the model the least sought after and possibly the less frequent
don't think it is really possible to get some spares.

any other obsys would be better - the carbon being the lightest, the 55 with the more travel ( but they are not really plush at all :shock: )

Frame is provisionally sold to a local Retrobike member, subject to it passing an inspection. Better get the Brasso out! :LOL:

Back