Sunn Notion 1998 as bike or frame only.

Reluctant

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Chrome finish, size 45cm, which is almost identical to an 18" Kona, in size and geometry.
I "accidently" bought this on ebay last week and since then, changed the fork, stem, front tyre - re-dished the back wheel, set up the brakes so that they work and cleaned up the chrome.
It's by no means perfect, but the Fuji steel tubes give a beautiful ride quality and it's a good usable practical classic. The brakes are the worst bit IMO - they work well enough, but if I was to keep it, they'd be the next upgrade. Also, the left hand Shimano crank arm doesn't match the original on the driveside.
Anyway, it's a sweet little bike as a ride to worker or a weekend pootler.
£115 posted to UK mainland address. Paypal as gift prefered. Also now offered as a frame only for £65 posted UK. Thanks!
Notion2010.jpg

Notion2011.jpg

Could someone buy this please. I keep coming back and looking at it.

Bargain, I've admired these bikes for years.

free bump ;)
these chromed frames are tip top for everyday use
much better than a paint, and very good quality ( you probably could not get this type of chromium quality now)
with a good set of brakes and either a rigid fork or a decent suspension one and you have your "upmarket" pub or hack bike :cool: :LOL:

bought about 10 sunns for me , my family, nephews etc.. nearly all of them chromed and never regretted it :idea:
(because of retrobike, I have quite a few others but sunns are still the majority!)

lovely stuff... what was the original fork?

i only live down the road and wouldve bitten your hand of normally but alas she's too small for me...

Reluctant":18ez3gcm said:
Anyway, it's a sweet little bike as a ride to worker or a weekend pootler.

Sorry but I have to pull you up on this - what a shocking under-sell of a lovely bike! :p :LOL:

Ok Pedro, I'll admit, it's good enough to whizz round the trails too. I did so this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. I reckon ride wise, it's better than Lava Domes and Rockhoppers, but not as good as Stumpies.
But the bits on it don't do it justice.
So I'm thinking of stripping it, selling as frame only and let someone else have the pleasure of a winter project ready to emerge gleaming in the spring sunshine.
The original fork is an Obsys, but it's completely seized up and not something I can be arsed with, but I'd happily throw it in the deal @ £65 posted for frame and Obsys fork only.
Obsys002.jpg

Heyup, reckon the frame would take a 100mm travel fork? I have a newish Commencal Combi that is a bit too small and wouldn't mind moving the bits over to this sweet looking frame. Would probably run a disc up front too.

See that folks - my nice compliment put him in such a good mood you're now getting a fork thrown in for nowt, nada and squat - remember that the next time you're checking the wanteds... :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's a good job I'm on a self-imposed building ban... :oops: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back