Suggestions for a first time project

jonboy":2dgsoq1w said:
JeRkY":2dgsoq1w said:
everyone should start on a Kona.

Never understand why Kona is well regarded brand. Always thought they were ugly and handled badly. Project 2 forks were ok.

i raced a steel kona in the mid 90's it handled superb and everything i threw at it

kirbdug :D

Should i pop some photos on? The paint is really bad in places. What i have been worried about is that it might flex too much and any new paint will go the same way

areas im worried about are:

behindheadtube.jpg

[/img]
toptube.jpg

And especially this dint in the downtube just above the bb
toptube.jpg

Am i throwing good money after bad doing anything with this?[/img]

uphillcursing2":1h43dq9y said:

I'd be worried about this one. Others seem only paint off, which isnt much of an issue, just needs powdercoating. Is that a hole or just a really bad dint?

Just a dint. but that bit in the centre is quite savage looking. I might give it a bit of a clean and have another look in the daylight. Its been there for about 9 maybe 10 years. not got any worse as far as i can remember.

I don't suppose there there is anything can be done that is not prohibitively expensive?

Spoke to a local powder coaters today. Seems they reckon they can fill that dent prior to coating.

So, Here is what I am planning to do. going to look on fleabay for something I can use for riding out the the offspring and I am going to make the Klein look nice as best I can.

Will report back when i get something to ride.

Back