Suggestions for a first time project

I think thats like asking other people what girls you should like.. :?
You have to feel it yourself.
Its all about bringing back the memories of what bikes/brands YOU loved back then..

CAPIN":yqzd0fsc said:
Its all about bringing back the memories of what bikes/brands YOU loved back then..

The stuff i liked from way back when would have been a BMX. I have looked and there is no way I could afford or justify the dent in the family budget to scratch that itch. I also think i might look a little silly riding round the streets on one at at my age :D

uphillcursing2":1tu7owis said:
CAPIN":1tu7owis said:

The stuff i liked from way back when would have been a BMX. I have looked and there is no way I could afford or justify the dent in the family budget to scratch that itch. I also think i might look a little silly riding round the streets on one at at my age :D

What about some old BMX brands? I've a Kuwahara mountain bike and Haro did come out with some interesting bikes. Diamond backs are quite common and some are rather underrated IMO.

Yeah. Go BMX then. Now you have a car so you can always take your Bmx bike bit further, somewhere people dont know you :LOL:

kaiser":1qjt1bmu said:
uphillcursing2":1qjt1bmu said:
CAPIN":1qjt1bmu said:

What about some old BMX brands? I've a Kuwahara mountain bike and Haro did come out with some interesting bikes. Diamond backs are quite common and some are rather underrated IMO.

Now that was some inspiration. something like http://images.americanlisted.com/nlarge/retro_mountain_bike_diamondback_160_southwest_10605041.jpg?

I guess looking at the for sale the Konas are going to be more than i want to spend for a first retro.

Apex or topanga seem to be nice ones and for bling the axis is nice!

i was gonna say that

GT made some BMX's i'm sure

nice karakoram or similar

mikee":3o1cvfgl said:
i was gonna say that

GT made some BMX's i'm sure

nice karakoram or similar

Oh aye! Eddie Fiola on a pro performer :D the flyin bananna

Need a second mortgage for that sort of stuff though. A quick trawl of the BXX forum on here made my eyes bleed. Then when I thought how i treated all those bikes my parents bought me my heart bled..

Back