Stumpjumper

near Guildford as well, where Specialized HQ Is I think.

Spesh HQ is in Chessington. My cousin worked there for several years and I visited a few times. They had a nice little museum collection and a pukka italian-restaurant-quality coffee machine in the break room :cool:

They also had a huge fire last year :(

Spesh HQ is in Chessington. My cousin worked there for several years and I visited a few times. They had a nice little museum collection and a pukka italian-restaurant-quality coffee machine in the break room :cool:

They also had a huge fire last year :(

What happened to the museum collection do you think ?

OK, so we were both wrong, Spesh HQ is in Dorking :D It *was* in Chessington. The fire gutted the entire place and they relocated.

In the museum there was an original Stumpjumper, an original Allez and also Jason McRoy’s full sus bike that his parents gave to Spesh UK after his death. Plus various other stuff from through the years. All gone. Plus hundreds of new bikes in the warehouse of course. Pretty horrific.

OK, so we were both wrong, Spesh HQ is in Dorking :D It *was* in Chessington. The fire gutted the entire place and they relocated.

In the museum there was an original Stumpjumper, an original Allez and also Jason McRoy’s full sus bike that his parents gave to Spesh UK after his death. Plus various other stuff from through the years. All gone. Plus hundreds of new bikes in the warehouse of course. Pretty horrific.
Fun fact: Specialized’s UK HQ in Chessington was formerly the storage area for Iron Maiden’s sound equipment and back catalogue…

I got 3 framed Spesh jerseys recently. The seller told me they came out of HQ after the fire and were being put in a skip. Her dad was told he could take them but not the £10k tt bike that was put in the skip. Let's hope some of the other bikes didn't suffer that fate.

Back