Stumpjumper 1989

retep52

Retro Newbie
Hello all! My name is Peter, and since a year or so more into mountainbiking... With a bunch of guys we ride approx. 2 or 3 times a week something like 50 kilometers and on occasions some tours... Lots of fun!!

Earlier this year I bought myself a SJ29" and I thought it was fun to have a really old SJ beside of that... And last week I was able to buy myself this SJ '89! Quite old, and it has its marks but boy oh boy, it rides so smoothly, I didn't expect that at all!

What I am looking for are original tyres, stem and steer, and saddle... Would anyone of you know some shop, site or whatever to look for such stuf? Many thanks!

Peter

CIMG3112.JPG

CIMG3113.JPG

Welcome Peter,

get us a pic up of your old stumpjumper... :D

This is a good place to start for finding original kit. See the For Sale and Wanted sections.

very very nice bike. :cool: Looks like you've got a load of the old gear anyway. really like that colour both 89 and 88.

:cool:

Thanks!

Thanks guys! I'm fairly new at this, so any comment (positive ánd negative) are welcom!

@makster: thanks for the link!

Re: Thanks!

retep52":2ic191jd said:
Thanks guys! I'm fairly new at this, so any comment (positive ánd negative) are welcom!

@makster: thanks for the link!

No problem :D
I have the previous years Stumpy in the same colours. Just needs decals to finish.
Member Jamis Diablo recently picked-up exactly the same as yours.
Cracking bikes!

makster":3aejv8y7 said:
Member Jamis Diablo recently picked-up exactly the same as yours

Well... this ís Jamis' bike! :) I bought it from him last friday... He only had it for a couple of days but the bike was a bit too large for him...

retep52":vkfp7y8y said:
makster":vkfp7y8y said:
Member Jamis Diablo recently picked-up exactly the same as yours

Well... this ís Jamis' bike! :) I bought it from him last friday... He only had it for a couple of days but the bike was a bit too large for him...

I did kind of wonder, but didn't want to be nosey :LOL:

Back