Stopped off at the LBS on the way home for a rummage in back

FMJ

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
There was an old Nishiki Kodiak (I'm guessing 88-89ish w. the lugs + chainstay U-brake) that had an outstanding work order for months I'd been waiting to grab. Of interest were the wheels (Sansin/Araya RM-25) for my RM/Ritchey.....and you can never have too many spares. The owner finally cut his losses and sold it to me. When I got it home, I took a closer look and saw a sticker on the chainstay stating it was handcrafted by Kawamura. No idea if that's of any significance, but interesting none the less.

Cell pics at night. Sorry.

2a869e4d.jpg

5d195309.jpg

ae4a711d.jpg

Threw a few more things I dug up in with the stuff I had in my hold box (IG 70 chains, fender mount hardware for the custom fenders I'm making for my Avalanche drop bar project) into the mix. While I was rummaging through the back room, I found an old 60s-ish vinyl shopping bag filled with fork parts. Sid and Boxxer cartridges. Marazocchi and Mountain Speed spring kits. Halson Inversion fork spares. I grabbed a few Rock Shox snap on scraper kits (They call them shower caps in the instructions - there were half a dozen of them) and some Manitou 3 soft elastomers (I don't have a Manitou 3, but I'm sure someone can use them.....my buddy Scott perhaps :LOL: ). A cool retro Qranc t-shirt and a vented Marazocchi sleeveless shirt rounded things out. All in all, a good day's haul.

c08208f1-1.jpg

As an enthusiast of Kuwahara mtbs, I cannot tell you how rare it is for someone to not confuse Kawamura with Kuwahara in connection with Nishiki. Thanks for getting it right.

Back