Stem Nut, Wedge shape, Raleigh

MoparKevUK

Dirt Disciple
Hello Peeps,
Lost the stem nut wedge thingy from a Raleigh Shopper II.
It is a 1" OD diameter stem.
Where can I get this part???????????
I am in Oz, any leads, or help, will involve PayPal.

Attachments

• shop5.jpg
    shop5.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 581
OK. that is cool, but I am in Oz, and things are a bit different.

I will go down the local bike shop and report back!

Re:

I'd be very surprised if a bike shop near you hasn't got something suitable in stock.
Take the rest of the stem with you, it may be that you'll have to buy another 1" quill type stem complete (either use the new stem, or just transfer the wedge part over to your old stem.)

If there's a bike recycling kind of place anywhere near you then try there as well, they may well have loads of spares and maybe have the part you need, in return for a small donation.

A mate had a wedge in his bucket o'bits. Too small, 20mm diameter. Went to local bike shop, nearest was 22.something mm, no good. Tried me thread....looks like the Raleigh Shopper is the Old Imperial, the bits I tried today are Metrical! The search continues. In Oz they have "Hard rubbish week", you sling out all yer big stuff and peeps can come and take it, before the Council tkaes the crap. Always lots of bikes on the sidepaths, perhaps I will get lucky! More updates as they happen!

2nd bike shop... Nah mate, that's a custom item at 1"
3rd bike shop....Here ya go, 25.4mm, $40 for complete stem......The nut was 22.4, handlebar hole was 25.4mm!
Thought I was gonna have to turn and mill one then......
4th bike shop......Here ya go mate! $4!
Hoorah! 2006 Shopper 2 back on the road!
Big up for Capalaba Cycles, will go back to them!

Latest posts

Back