Steel GT frames - how much?

Hi all,

Planning my next project and really want a steel GT frame. How much are these going for, for like a half decent/ decent quality frame? I know everything is kind of inflated at the moment with the lockdown so don’t want to pay over the odds!

Cheers

Hi. As with many things: it depends. Are you looking for a top of the line Psyclone? Decent/half-decent would be Karakoram, I guess. Depening on the size needed, you should be able get one of those in excellent condition for under 100GBP, including fork and stem. Next in line would be Bravado and Avalanche (True Temper). For the same price as that Avalanche frame, you can probably get a complete Bravado. Prestige tubed Avalanche and Team Avalanche frames should be around 200-250GBP. Psyclones are hard to find and even harder in good condition (my experience). Prices I have see lately are in the range of 350-400GBP, some without the fork.

Re:

Thanks. I did have a bravado many years ago, yellow with the u brake, was a great bike and regret selling it to be honest. Always lusted after a psyclone but they have always been a bit too expensive for me.

I have been in contact with some sellers in the last few weeks. Maybe I can help out if you tell me exactly what you are looking for. I can send you the contacts for a white 92 Avalanche 16", 91 karakoram blue widow here in the forum and a 20" black repainted psyclone with an AMP fork (no decals, but those are easy to get).

I also have some GT specific parts, bepending on what you are building (91 fork/stem, Pedersen u-brake...)

£50-£100? Not too pricey, I would try and buy one with forks or even a full bike when they come up. Get a top end one. Late 90s Bravados are nice.

Sorry, forgot to say: if you are looking to go rigid, then look for a frameset. 2x4 forks in good condition incl flip flop stem are quite hard to find and not cheap. So not 50-100GBP :)

If you like the late 90's Bravado, then you are talking about post-ubrake-era. Those are MUCH cheaper. will be hard to find a rigid one I expect.

Re:

Not too bothered regarding rigid forks tbh, will be looking to whack some mag 21’s in anyway. Thanks for the info , those last 90’s bravado’s look REALLY nice!

Re:

Hi all,

Just a bump, what’s available? If your selling a steel gt frame send me a PM, ideally Karakoram and above. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back