spruising up my forks??

freeride-mike

Dirt Disciple
ok so ive just picked up a set of 1995 marzocchi EXR 105mm dual air/oil forks for my giant but there looking a bit tired with rub marks chips etc.. and not being a fan of orange anyway ive decided to give them a spruise up and paint them black.

so what paint would be best? should i laquer over the top to protect against chips etc...

any advice help appreciated :D :D :cool:

if i were you i'd get a paint shop to give them a professional finish.
rattle can jobbies tend not to be very hard wearing and chip rather easily.

Or if your on a budget, Hammerite.

I did the Mag21's on my old Zaskar LE with it and is produced a very good finish that was extremely hard wearing.

Rub them down and then take your time when painting. Took me a few days with lots of patience, but was seriously pleased with results.

I can get automotive spray paint from work so budget isnt really a problem

The forks are orange which im not a fan of so i was thinking a respray in either white with new black decals or black with new red decals..

any thoughts?? ;)

Pickle":wufj5825 said:
Or if your on a budget, Hammerite.

I did the Mag21's on my old Zaskar LE with it and is produced a very good finish that was extremely hard wearing.

Rub them down and then take your time when painting. Took me a few days with lots of patience, but was seriously pleased with results.

Normally i wouldnt recommend using hammerite for anything other than garden gates or implements,but im keen to see how yours look pickle,when a bit of time is put into it :D

Back