Spring Epic - Sunday 13th April, Glen Clova (PLUS Mt Keen)

Re: Spring Epic - Sunday 13th April, Glen Clova (PLUS Mt Kee

On reflection I'm also going to pull out of this one. :(

Unfortunately I think the ride followed by the 130 mile drive home is beyond my limits right now. :oops: Sorry.

So there is a bunk spare again.

If no-one claims it before the middle of next week just cancel the extra one (Clubby or Gmac) and I'll pay the admin charge for being a fudd. ;)

velo fftc come on chaps, be a shame for you guys to miss this. could you not manage to get some riding done on the saturday. enjoy the elegant macretro wining & dining experience and safely down the road on the sunday??

Nope, Saturdays a Monro and I wont walk up those let alone ride a bike and Sunday followed by the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I'm going to have at work says nae chance.
The thing I dont think many get is that ME is for me a very real issue I cant ignore. Just because I seem OK when you see me doesn't mean I'm fine when you dont. I have to plan for things with dedicated rest days to ensure I'm not ill. When I first was diagnosed there were days when I was in a state of collapse and couldn't even walk.
So caution and planning mean the weekend is not a goer for me, sorry.

ok velo - didn't necessarily mean do mt keen on the Saturday

appreciate they're both big days with 900m+ climbing

Booking changed ok. Gmac you're now in with us in a 4 bunk. Sorry!
Can see nearer the time about booking a table for Saturday in the restaurant.
Could see the hills on Sunday when I was out and still a bit of snow around, with maybe some this weekend. Still 3 weeks to go though and I have a contingency plan just in case.

This was the view from my road ride today, and the route we are doing is further into this range and higher up. Lets hope for a couple of dry sunny weeks!

Snowy hills by steven.clubb, on Flickr

clubby":2zpv333u said:
Booking changed ok. Gmac you're now in with us in a 4 bunk. Sorry!.

fine by me, was trying to get Radek involved at the weekend, reckon he might tag along

there was even some snow on the borders hills on Saturday, hopefully the higher temp's will return in coming weeks. not long now

Re:

I had forgotten about this :oops: count me in :D at least for the Sunday ride, I'll consult Mrs jimo746 and see if I can make the Saturday as well (only have to travel from Aberdoom).

Re:

Just booked a bunk for the Saturday night, apparently there was one free in the same room as you guys, so I'm afraid you'll just have to put up with my "nocturnal activities". :LOL:
I should arrive Saturday afternoon, in time for dinner :)

Re:

Bunkhouse Rules as per Ullapool - nae fumblin' in the dark and nae breakin' wind on bottom bunks :xmas-cool:

And FFS NAE, REPEAT NAE playin' Hide the Soap!!! :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back