splitting 2 x XTR clad Santa Cruz Hecklers

raveydavey

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
our garage was broken into over the weekend, fortunately the intruders were disturbed before they got away with anything but it has really made me think and take stock of what i've got and what i don't need.
as a direct result I am now selling 2 santa cruz hecklers which are not getting the use they deserve.
both fully clad in XTR I am starting by getting rid of the following XTR stuff and will be adding more stuff during the week (OR WHEN I ACTUALLY GET ROUND TO IT)!:

M951/2 XTR rear mech #2 £35
M950 XTR chainset #1 170mm 24,34,46 £65
M965 XTR 9 speed STIs and disc brake calipers £125 with rotors £150
M95x XTR front skewer £10

M952 XTR rear mech #1 £35 SOLD
M952 XTR chainset #2 175mm 24,34,46 £65 SOLD
M950 XTR V brake levers £40 SOLD
M952 XTR front mech 31.8mm top pull #1 £20 SOLD
M95x XTR front mechs 31.8mm top pull #2 £20 SOLD

pics here:
http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac23 ... r%20stuff/

cheers
Dave

Bad luck with the break in...but good luck that nothing was taken :)
Be VERY careful with the garage over the next few weeks though, it seems that it's very common that they come back 2 or 3 weeks later to finish the job and/or pick up any insurance replacements that have arrived.
Don't make the mistake of thinking that as it's happened now, it won't happen again for a long time! Learnt the hard way :(
It'd be time to make the garage extra secure or bring the valuable stuff inside for the rest of the year I'd say.

Carlos":1slgcwi8 said:
Bad luck with the break in...but good luck that nothing was taken :)
Be VERY careful with the garage over the next few weeks though, it seems that it's very common that they come back 2 or 3 weeks later to finish the job and/or pick up any insurance replacements that have arrived.
Don't make the mistake of thinking that as it's happened now, it won't happen again for a long time! Learnt the hard way :(
It'd be time to make the garage extra secure or bring the valuable stuff inside for the rest of the year I'd say.

Or rig up a flamethrower :twisted:

Otherwise I'd say that's some seriously good advice. Really pleased to hear nothing was taken :)

What spider is on the 170mm cranks please? After a hens-teeth compact...

they are the newer style cos the older style ones don't fit on the hecklers cos of the swingarm!
so i think they are top swing, i.e. the mech sits above the clamp
they are top pull cos the cable is routed along the top tube

yep i certainly am. gotta get rid of these to put towards the house extension so the rest of the bikes can live inside!
it's the only way i'll sleep safe at night - and they will too!!!!!! :)

Can I make a tentative enquiry into one of the hecklets, pending, size, year, conditions, and most importantly price.

Sorry to hear about the break-in. :x

Back