View
Was just listening to Chris Evans on radio 2
Apparently there has been a discovery of
24 ww2 spitfires , still in the crates, never been flown
Buried in Burmah
Few quid in there huh!?
Howd ya forget where you bury a plane let alone two dozen!! :LOL: :LOL:

G

they've been searching for these for a while, its amazing the stuff the military just dumps when it leaves a place...but i suppose it makes sense when you start thinking about how much it costs to move the equipment around.

The postage may put a damper on the sale. Unless you get out there build it up and fly it back.

They were buried to stop the invading forces from getting hold of them when it was clear the Brits had to move out. Cameron was rattling on about them on his trip to Burma.

1duck":84j9zrxt said:
they've been searching for these for a while, its amazing the stuff the military just dumps when it leaves a place...but i suppose it makes sense when you start thinking about how much it costs to move the equipment around.

True, but I cant see the MoD burying 24 Typhoon's or Tornado's when they leave Kabul

G

unkleGsif":12rx7ooh said:
1duck":12rx7ooh said:

True, but I cant see the MoD burying 24 Typhoon's or Tornado's when they leave Kabul

G

we've done stranger things! ok so it was the aussies but everyone was doing it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demobilisa ... _equipment

we don't have a massive surplus of equipment like we did in world war 2 though! that scrapyard of planes in america always makes for some amazing photographs...time for some rusty plane pron i think!

Back