Specialized stumpjumper frames - calling all speshsperts

simon dee

Dirt Disciple
Hello, do any of the Specialized knowledge-bots on here know which model stumpy had both top tube cable stops (but without rear bridge hangar??) and the noodle guide for the rear brake cable?

seen here;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=395452

Cheers,

mr dee

Thanks Mark, believe it or not, i had a good look through all of those, inspecting all the frames, but couldn't see any with a rear cable stop/ noodle combo

I must admit to enjoying that a bit, specializeds' california always looked so seductive in the 90's :)

Re: stumpjumper years

Hi, I hope this info can narrow down your search a bit.

I bought what I believe is a stumpjumper date stamped 1990 on the bottom bracket shell in green (making it a 91 model?). I'm in process of trying to confirm that it is a stumpjumper as it's been resprayed.

I have owned since new the burgundy sj date stamped 1992 on the bb shell (making that one a 93 model?)

See the pics attached, and hopefully it may narrow down your search, good luck.

Attachments

• 1551651212282.jpg
    1551651212282.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 1551651212530.jpg
    1551651212530.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 310
Yes I was thinking of the 92 pink one (that i had one of on here for an age.

Yours looked more pinky on my phone in the bad light here, now on a computer i can see that's the 94 burgundy clearly. Lovely. Do like 94's.

Sorry to waste your time.

Re:

I'm sorry to tell you this but when i was researching my old stumpy i was told that Specialized serial numbers are totally random and have no date indicators :?
You can roughly date it by the size of the headset and seat tube.

Re:

Oh, right. I was going on info I'd read on forums with the serial numbers. Is there a guideline with dating sj's?
Or is it just a case of studying the catalogues and finding the closest match?

Back