For Sale Specialized Stumpjumper 1995 Sage Green Large

GX Bikes Official

Retro Newbie
My first mountain bike, which I got when I had a bike shop in Gerrards Cross with my dad back in the day. Sage Green, Large size (20"). I *think* this may have been the last year of frame manufacture in Japan. Triple butted Tange Prestige frame and forks. Original Stem, handlebars and seat post. Everything else has been replaced.

Started out as my only proper mountain bike and used for XC around the Chilterns and in local Gorrick, SAMs etc races and some Evans rides down in Surrey - remember those...?

Then relegated to winter training / commuting bike when I got the M2 Comp (also for sale in here). And then relegated again to round Oxford hack so it is pretty scarred, with rust in the places you would expect. Having said that the frame and forks are still as solid as they were on day one. Have now simply run out of space so it has to go but would prefer it went to someone with an interest in retro Stumpys rather than just given away.

Brakes upgraded to XT V Brakes. Shifters upgraded from original twist grip to rapid fire (still 7 speed). Crazy road gearing - 52/42/32 triple chainset with a 13-23 7 speed block. Ritchey SPD pedals. Replacement period Specialized saddle. Rebuilt wheels with Mavic rims and SS DT spokes. Running crazy high pressures in the narrow hard Continental slicks has resulted in lots of small stress fractures around the eyelets in the rear rim. It's been like this for years and still runs true but you'll likely want to replace!

I have the old LX chainset that came with it and you are welcome to this - rings worn. Might have a 7 speed mtb cassette in stock also. I have various period parts to replace mechs, bottom bracket etc to get it back to MTB spec if wanted.

£100 ono for the Stumpy as it stands with the LX chainset. Other bits POA as needed. Located in Oxford but can post in UK for £50.

IMG_6753[1].JPG IMG_6758.JPG IMG_6754.JPG IMG_6755.JPG IMG_6756.JPG IMG_6757.JPG IMG_6759.JPG IMG_6760.JPG

There was a guy searching for one of these not long ago.

I posted on his thread to identify the colour if you search back

Back