specialized s works jmc replica

martyn855

Dirt Disciple
Hi thinking of selling one of my bikes, it has taken me a long time to get most of the right parts,always wanted to build this bike after watching the film dirt over and over again when i was still at school. Now i have done it its time to move on!

Quick spec of the right parts are;
the s-works frame 1995 only
rockshox judy fsx forks
Mavic 117 rims in grey
Nuke proof front hub (he used to use these hubs on his old bikes)
azonic worldforce stem
azonic bars but been painted
onza grips
x-ray gripshift one green other side black
avid ultimate brake levers
modified marin lite brakes look very similar to avid ultimate
all silver triple trap pedals
xt rear mech some pics of his bike show xt and xtr
this one has stx crank and front mech think meant to be xt
and couldnt get a grey saddle or the right tyres, has new chain cassette and bottom bracket!

I have put a lot of love, time and money into this bike and it rides perfect. It does have some chips and a few scratches here and there as probably an ex race frame, but would be a crime to re-paint it. Forks are smooth but have very little damping so probably need a service, but its never bothered me as it was mainly built to stay in my lounge just for show.

Its a hard bike to price because if you don't know who Jason Mcroy was, it probably just looks like an old stumpjumper, but to build a replica of his bike takes a lot of work and time to make it as close as you can!

I want £800 for it, but if you think this is too much let me know nicely please! Its cost me more than this and i know you never get your money back the fun bit is finding the parts to complete it ;-)

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,639
  • bik 2.jpg
    bik 2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,638
  • bik3.jpg
    bik3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,640
  • bik4.jpg
    bik4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,638
Nice bike,

Hope it sells!

If however you end up splitting, I'd be interested in the brake levers.

Have a bump

Back