Specialized Rockhopper - SOLD

Neil G

Old School Grand Master
I'm putting this bike up for sale for a friend as this is the place where a bike like this will be appreciated and I'd rather it went to a collector/Retrobike enthusiast than to any old Tom, Dick or Harry via Ebay!

I'm not entirely sure on age but judging by the V brakes and A-head and rigid forks I'm guessing mid to late 90s, someone may be able to shed some light on that for me.

The condition of the bike really is A1. It still has the original tyres and even the reflectors and plastic spoke protector behind the cassette....the things that most of us ripped off when buying a new bike!

I'm going to start the price at £200 posted but obviously am open to offers.

Neil

Re: Specialized Rockhopper

1996 or 1997 I think. Bikepedia will be able to help.

Might want to put up a size unless I missed that

Good luck with the sale.

1996 had the decals in reverse (i.e. 'Specialized' on the toptube, 'Rockhopper' on the downtube), and I think from 99 onwards the Rockhopper came with FS. So 1997/98 I believe.

Thanks for the information on the year, I thought it was late 90s from the V brakes and the fitting of rigid forks....I bet the models higher in the range got front suspension.

I will get a c-c measurement as soon as I can.

Neil G":2mm8sl9w said:
Thanks for the information on the year, I thought it was late 90s from the V brakes and the fitting of rigid forks....I bet the models higher in the range got front suspension.

I will get a c-c measurement as soon as I can.

The FS had indy c's I think, and given the nice ride quality of hte direct drives, I would have the rigids any day of the week.

I'd buy it if my Mrs wouldn't murder me!!
It's exactly what I need to get fully restore my A1. If you split I call dibs on the tyres!
Look at the awful tyres it has on it at the moment. Pedals removed and burnt too! :D

Attachments

• Rockhopper A1.jpg
    Rockhopper A1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,200

That's nice looking in the blue.

This is now on the bay but hoping it goes to someone on here into their Specialized rigs.

Back