Source for skinny 27" tyres?

neocaligatio

Dirt Disciple
I've just bought a new (old) bike and the rear tyre is rubbing on the frame. I've shoved the axle as fair back into the dropout as it will go, but I think the problem is a more modern 27 x 1 1/4 is much fatter than the bike was originally intended for.

I've successfully squeezed 700x25 tyres onto my wife's vintage Peugeot but I know my 80's dawes won't take them (both 27 inch wheels).

So do I try to find the stretchiest 700x25's out there or look for something like a 27x1 instead?!

or is there the scope to fit 700c wheels which are slightly smaller.......

i've hunted for 27" tyres lately, needing some for my mixte project, and not come across a 1" wide one.

SJS cycles had some folding 27x11/8 (28-630) Paselas a little while ago, may still be in stock?

Tried fitting them to my bike but folding tyres & old rims really don't work. Ended up changing them for wire rimmed Paselas, 27x1/4. The difference between them did look bigger than the numbers suggested.

there is a chap from birmingham on e bay selling 27 x 1 or 1 1/8 can remember , if i go on later will drop a link to you

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Tyres arrived today, here's a comparison of the new 1" (front obviously) vs the old supposedly 1 1/4"

6029866644_8cef8825a8_b.jpg

6029869548_7ecffa48f4_b.jpg

Back