*sorted*. L/H Shimano Tiagra/WHY? crankarm*sorted*

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi.

I'm cycling this years' London to Paris (route 3) and purchased a secondhand ribble as my ride for the event.
Not having ridden it at all since I bought it, I began riding it a couple of weeks ago on it but it has soon become apparent that the l/h crank arm is bent.
My LBS can't get one in until end of April!?! - something to do with Madison?

Anyhow - has anyone got a spare 170mm L/H crank arm ( non-drive side ) suitable for an octalink bottom bracket? It's currently running a Tiagra chainset but I'll except anything similar and reasonably priced.
Am I correct in my understanding that the road octalink is nothing like the mtb octalink either so I can't just 'throw' on an mtb L/H arm?

Thanks in advance,
boy"O"boy

Anyone got anything suitable? - Needs to be octalink compatible and 170mm

..... I'm desperate as this is stopping my training for London to Paris!!
Bike shops all giving the same answer....I can't be off the bike until end of April, somebody help!! :x :x

boy" :evil: "boy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers guys, thanks for your help - it's appreciated. ;)

First port of call was ebay and had already seen those links -
The 1st 2 are 175mm arms so it'd disregarded them. Was reluctant to buy another chainset as I only need the L/H arm... but looks as if I don't have much choice. At least I'll be up and running within the week... now if I could only purchase some decent weather I'd be sorted!

boy"O"boy

I have a 170mm modern tiagra chainset with very little use, complete with hollowtech BB which I was going to sell, too short for me. It's a compact double

D_XZ":9a69v9k2 said:
I have a 170mm modern tiagra chainset with very little use, complete with hollowtech BB which I was going to sell, too short for me. It's a compact double

Hi D_XZ - thanks for your offer. I went for broke and bought the one in team_lard's ebay link as I was desperate. The Ribble will be running again by the weekend :cool:

boy"O"boy

Back