Sony Walkman! (other brands are available)

:shock: portable vinyl Walkman.. :shock:

I always coveted my mate's yellow 'sports' walkman, cos I thought it would work underwater... :oops: :LOL: :LOL:

When I was younger, the best walkman I ever aspired to was a Saisho, or Matsui one, in some ghastly bright colour and a three way graphic equalizer that didn't really seem to do a great deal.. :LOL:

It wasn't until I was in my teens that I got a 'decent' Aiwa one.. Think I still have it in a box, somewhere, but I quickly discovered MD shortly after and went all digital.. :oops:

both of these still going strong, the Panasonic walkman must be at least 20 years old now :shock: :cool:

402273_10150510517716865_1829134482_n.jpg

400306_10150510509951865_1443891118_n.jpg

1210tech":26dx0sgb said:
both of these still going strong, the Panasonic walkman must be at least 20 years old now :shock: :cool:
402273_10150510517716865_1829134482_n.jpg
That looks remarkably similar to the Panasonic personal cassette player I've got - down to the round metal sleeve on the headphone jack, and the remote.

Doesn't the remote work by the number of times you press the button, and the beeps it makes - then it recognises them and repeats them back, then does the action?

Mine has got the same kind of pouch, and screw in battery pack thingmy.
1210tech":26dx0sgb said:
I've still got several portable minidisc recorders, too - a broken Aiwa F65, a perfect Aiwa F65, a Sharp MT-831, and several Sharp MT16/20s.

Think I was still regularly using my minidisc portables up until 3 or 4 years back, when I started to use various mp3 players.

Rate Panasonic/Technics a lot higher than Sony. Just about everything I've had from Sony went wrong within 1/2 years... Walkman's x2, Discman, VHS recorder, TVs x2, headphones, VHS/cassette tapes...

My early 90's Panasonic personal stereo, personal CD player, and ghettoblaster all still work as new, my parents still use a 20 year old Panasonic hoover. Having said that a 2004/5 Panasonic personal CD died after a couple of years so maybe they went down hill.

Also got a JVC personal MiniDisc (battery only died at 10 years old) but MiniDisc is just so clunky in this day and age.

Neil":2h28tgq5 said:
That looks remarkably similar to the Panasonic personal cassette player I've got - down to the round metal sleeve on the headphone jack, and the remote.

Doesn't the remote work by the number of times you press the button, and the beeps it makes - then it recognises them and repeats them back, then does the action?

Mine has got the same kind of pouch, and screw in battery pack thingmy

yep, thats the one, has instructions of how many times to press for each function on the remote too ;)

lrh":1mpkcl6t said:
Rate Panasonic/Technics a lot higher than Sony. Just about everything I've had from Sony went wrong within 1/2 years... Walkman's x2, Discman, VHS recorder, TVs x2, headphones, VHS/cassette tapes...

I agree with that as far as the Technics/Panasonic hi-fi stuff goes, still use and prefer all my Technics hi-fi seperates that I bought one at a time over a period of 12 months after I got my Technics 1210's for my 16th birthday, and yes they are still going strong too ;)

Sony, imo, led the market when it came to TV's, we've still got my very old Sony portable colour TV in the kitchen linked up to a digi box at my mums house, it must be 25years+ old!!! :cool:

I think this is the Aiwa model I had (if I can ever find it - not sure if it still runs, probably needs a band replacing...):-
7514771830_dbe576ab16.jpg

It was quite a slim, neat, model, sound quality was pretty good for a portable. Grabbed that pic from somewhere online, but from memory, seems to be about right. I have another, slightly more modern Aiwa, too, full-logic control, with a remote, although the door was plastic on the later one.

My Panasonic:-
7514747244_6c81791d84.jpg

Think I've had two of those, because the second battery clip thing, seems to be for a different model - I think I lost one and ended up getting a replacement.

My Aiwa F65:-
7514747372_2df207f383.jpg

The first minidisc recorder I bought. I have another of these, somewhere, with a bit of (oh, ok, then, a lot of) a bashed door on it.

My Sharp MT831:-
7514747382_e93a1cfe07.jpg

One of my Sharp MT-16s:-
7514747392_4425b98fb3.jpg

Both of these had something of a hard life, as they tended to be used in the car, and not really looked after as much as others, 'cos they were cheap. The decent ones tended to live in cases, so still look pristine, but these cheapie Sharp minidiscs just got abused, really.

All the ones I can currently find, together:-
7514771818_5ef4fd732a.jpg

Back