Someone must have one

jimmythejamjar

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Road wheel for turbo duties - 700c

9 speed shimano please, it doesn't need to be anything fancy but it does need to be in reasonable condition.

Cheers

James

Re: I need a read wheel to use on my turbo trainer

You are better off getting a special turbo tyre. I killed an ordinary tyre quite quickly. The heat generated basically caused the treaded part of the tyre to come away from the rest of the tyre and got all jammed in the stays.

And that's with my feeble power output!

how long a turbo session? 20-30 mins on a tough tyre should be Ok?

get a proper turbo tyre, the heat will just destroy the tyre.also a proper turbo tyre will be quieter :D

I'm using some old tyres which the turbo has already flattened off, once I've fully used them I'll get a turbo tyre, tyres aren't the issue.

I use the bike on the road and on the turbo and it's a pain in the arse swapping tyres over, so I want a wheel for the turbo as it's obviously quicker to swap a wheel than it is to swap a tyre.

Anyone got anything suitable ?

I've got a ritchey ds pro rear wheel with 9 speed shimano cassette available, both the wheel and cassette have had very little use having been removed off a boardman bike when it was almost new. It has had the stickers removed from the rim,cassette is HG50 12-26.
would like £45 posted for it, can provide pics if interested.

Back