SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

SiT

Retro Newbie
Morning guys this is a sad day for me having only bought this lobo from Toolmaker on this very forum at the back end of last year.

The reason for sale is its simply too small for me, i knew it probably would be before i bought it but having lusted after a Lobo since the late 90's i figured i could make it work! Alas i can't and so here it is back up for sale for someone to cherish.

I had considered just keeping it hung on the garage wall because i think as mountain bike go it is as close to a piece of art as your ever going to get, bearing in mind that this was designed in the 90's, this is beared out by people stopping for a quick chat on the couple of occasions i have taken it out. It still draws comments and people still want to have a quick spin on it.

I am truly gutted to have to sell it but i can't justify having such a great bike hanging in my garage doing nothing :(

The spec is pretty much bang on what GT built it as with a few aftermarket parts like the saddle,chain device, change of tyres and DMR pedals.

It started life as an STS Lobo however as with anything plastic that GT tried to make it cracked and the local GT dealer t the time managed to source this aluminum front end which is believed to be a Team front triangle. This happened whilst it was owned by 'Revol' on this forum so feel free to pm him for anymore info.

I have cleaned it several times and removed all the stickers and buffed it with Auto Sol to bring back its original lustre. Also have a bag of spares for the Boxxers.

DSCF2837.jpg

DSCF2838.jpg

DSCF2839.jpg

DSCF2840.jpg

DSCF2841.jpg

DSCF2842.jpg

DSCF2843.jpg

DSCF2844.jpg

DSCF2845.jpg

DSCF2846.jpg

DSCF2847.jpg

DSCF2848.jpg

DSCF2849.jpg

DSCF2850.jpg

DSCF2851.jpg

Tis a lovely bike too be sure :D :cool:
Can you not wait and try and find a bigger frame
They must come up occasionally,and i think a couple LBS staff had the alloy front BITD
Shame about the size,hope it all comes good

Yeah that was a consideration but then i am going to be left with a frame which isnt ideal. Its tough to have to get rid but will look for something equally as retro but in a larger size. Like i said i may have been kidding myself a by thinking a med would be ok but the Lobo is renowned for having a cramped cockpit anyway so it was a long shot. Awesome bike and gutted to see it go, may look for a large Lobo or perhaps an Intense M1 still want something old skool.

Hope someone can give it a good home.

Si

Nice bike that .... thats need a thrash on the DH course at cwmcarn .... wish I had the spare cash ...... i'd love it but its way out of my league .... good luck with the sale

Back