SOLD - Planet X Uncle John F&F + lots MTB & road kit

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The cull continues at Dead Rats Towers! Prices are posted in the UK, payment preferred by PP Gift and offers consider.

MORE PICS TO FOLLOW WHEN THE GALES SUBSIDE!

PLANET X UNCLE JOHN (200:cool:
FRAME, FORKS, HEADSET & SEATPOST CLAMP
SIZE XL (seat tube = 59cm c-t, top tube = 58cm c-c)
PHOTO SHOWS IS SET UP FOR ME, A LANKY 6'2"+

Very versatile triple butted heat treated T6 aluminium frame, extremely good reviews online and the ideal basis for a number of builds: flat bar hybrid, CX racer, all-terrain tourer - bit of an all rounder as it handles light XC trails really well but can also be built into a 20lb road whippet!
Takes 700c wheels with clearance up to about 38mm in my experience
Frame is suitable for rim or disc brake.
Forks are not Planet X but they are carbon and exact same dimensions and are rim brake only... and they have a 280mm alloy steerer with star nut fitted!
Headset is a very smooth Cane Creek S3 cartridge unit.
Frame has mountings for two water bottles, rack, mudguards and a canti brake cable stop.
OLD is 135mm, takes 27.2mm post, 68mm BB
Only issue is a small 1cm dent in the top tube which was there when I bought it on STW last year... since I built it up it's done two heavily laden tours of North Yorkshire on and off road with no issues whatsoever!
Also supplied with stainless bottle cage bolts, Zoom seatpost clamp, replaceable mech hanger and BB shell cable guide for the front mech cable.
There's one built-in adjuster on the downtube - the front mech required is a 31.8mm band-on BP - the other two cables run along the top tube.
The truth is I will be very sad to see it go as I got quite attached to this frame when I ran it as my touring bike, but my Surly 29er can do everything the Planet X can do and more, admittedly a little slower - so it's bye bye Uncle John! :p
168105_10150136011461171_586536170_8426628_8292870_n.jpg

£140 POSTED IN UK
Add £14 for a brand new Shimano 105 front mech to fit frame if using STIs and double chainset
Add £14 for complete set of brand new STX cantis with straddles, pads and bolts

405470_10150571946066171_586536170_11340474_1979331149_n.jpg

ON-ONE FLEEGLE BARS
25.4mm clamp x 715mm width(!)
In polished silver
Mint condition and very lovely indeed!
£15 posted (why pay £20 in the On-One sale?)

RACE FACE DEUS STEM
SOLD
£15 posted

SRAM ROCKET 9 SPEED RH SHIFTERS

Two identical, lovely and lightweight SHIMANO COMPATIBLE righthand shifters for weight weenie 1x9 set ups, gives you the SRAM feel with a Shimano rear mech.
One is boxed with instructions and in mint condition
£18 posted - STILL AVAILABLE
Other one is used but in good working order
£10 posted - SOLD

CHARGE LADLE LADIES SADDLE
SOLD
£15 posted

TOKEN LEATHER LOCK-ON GRIPS
Mustardy yellow stitched leather grips with blingy gold lockrings
Lightest of marks, otherwise mint!
£13 posted

HOPE GOLD QR SEATPOST CLAMP
£8 posted
SOLD

SHIMANO CS-HG50-9 SPEED CASSETTE
SOLD
£9 posted

SHIMANO DEORE XT M750 REAR MECH
Long cage with rubber boot, bit scuffed but working perfectly as I completely stripped and rebuilt it about 100 miles ago
£16 posted
as seen on the Planet X

TITEC RIP 3D OS STEM & SEATPOST COMBO
Hard as nails AM-rated 31.8mm x 90mm x 10 degrees OS stem with 45.5mm stack height
+
matching carefully cut-down 27.2mm x 270mm Titec El Norte seatpost which has a mighty four bolt clamp(!)
£25 the pair posted
stem alone is over £30 new online

PAIR OF 8 SPEED SHIMANO RAPIDFIRE SHIFTERS
in good working order, STX aka SL-MC37, black, good, 3 x 8 speed - £12 posted

Back