SOLD: Marin Pine Mountain 1993 (19.5)inc Pace RC35 forks

gcal

Retro Newbie
Now live as an Ebay auction - see relevant forum. Will remove this thread Saturday.

£150. Edit: Happy to box up and post inclusive in the price.

Bought in late 92' and ridden off-road for two years before leaving for University, where I became a Roadie'. 93-97 Used to ride London-Brighton rides and little else, has sat under my stairs since and used twice for a Enduro events in 2004-5.

Shimano XT drivetrain and Brakes, DX Hubs on Mavic wheels. Nothing has been replaced on it, I mean nothing (I'm not proud of this, just wanted to be clear), still original cables! Cassette looks worn and Forks DEFINITELY need new Elastomers from Pace. Mechanically all works fine except for aforementioned need of elastomers for forks.

Bike is in Brighton, so you can buy and collect for £120. Happy to field any questions.

Attachments

• side_shot.jpg
    side_shot.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,295
  • side_shot2.jpg
    side_shot2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Pace.jpg
    Pace.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,295
  • drivetrain.jpg
    drivetrain.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,294
Used it to communte to work and back today, 1st ride for it in many years... total nostalgic rush...Everything works a treat all things considered, but the forks definitely need new elastomers.

I have no idea why the forks are set up that way, but yes, I can confirm that they are on the right way round! As for the year of production, I'll bow to Retrobike's better judgment. It's all a long, long time ago unfortunately!

You might get more interest if you offer to box up and ship the bike or indeed split it but it does seem a shame to do that given your time together. Justbackdated on here will sort out the forks, he is the retrobike pace guru.

no you are correct about the forks pace had a thing with making all there forks with the brakes facing backwards looked odd at first but then it was there thing .. still they saw the light in the end and put them in the right place :roll:

It's perfectly valid engineering theory. Manitou had their brake bosses pointing backwards in later times. Orange had it on their rigid forks in 1998. More makes would have done it, but it looks strange and the marketing men usually win out over the engineers.

Back