Smoke/Dart Re issue

Smoke/Darts

Managed to get a pair of Smoke/Darts on the weekend for nothing, brand new (Black). Very nice tyres. Wont use them, i'll keep hold of them for something?

They're on the panaracer site and its the traditional block style, but modern compounds/construction in blackwall. The UK importers (zyro) have nothing on their site :roll:

Seem to be available on certain american stores webpages

I guess amberwall for the majority of sales (VRC is still a pretty limited market!) isnt fashionable or in high demand anymore!
i've got a 2.1folding dart amberwall for sale if anyones interested..

Give it a while, amber wall will be back. Folks will get sick of black tyres just like we did with amber walls in the mid 90's (and anyone who says they weren't tempted back then has selective memory. :D ).

Smoke Darts

The Smoke/Darts I scored.....

Not original but number II's.....

Attachments

• Smoke Dart.jpg
    Smoke Dart.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,077
Jeff, aren't skinwalls easier, not more expensive to produce? If I remember correctly, the blackwall covers up the skinwall? Is my memory of this one faulty?

'Guin

Let´s ask for this guy to create a skinwall paint!

http://www.mbzponton.org/valueadded/other/tirepaint.htm

It works well on white...

mbtirepaintbicyclegz4.jpg

pinguwin":1vwf4pup said:
Jeff, aren't skinwalls easier, not more expensive to produce? If I remember correctly, the blackwall covers up the skinwall? Is my memory of this one faulty?

'Guin

Most quality tires have the casing exposed on the sides of the tire with the rubber tread placed on top of the casing. When you look at the side of the tire, you see the threads of the casing. The casing is naturally "tan" and is just dyed black for black wall tires. There were some tires that had the tread cap cover the side walls but those were usually "heavy duty" tires of some sort. I don't see that there is much $$ difference between the natural side wall and the black side walls.....it's all about the marketplace.

glad to hear there coming back so will my mate daz as following there tred pattern around cannock chase was the only way he knew which way i was heading. GET OF THE SOFA DAZ YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENCE.

Back