Sintesi Snake projects

looking nice
always liked the snake, the gold and red paint looks really nice.
Agree on the disc adapter, my dad has a frame he bought nos in the mid 2000s and never managed to find a one to this day

I have found a solution to my steer tube problem. I originally wanted to get the long steer tube moved from the Z1 crown to the z2 crown. But I bought a broken set of Z1s cheap that I can get working so I can put these on the Snake.

These look pretty good and look like they've slackened the head angle a bit. Just waiting on spare parts to arrive.

20240713_204257.JPG

Put the front brake on. Last thing to do is sort out the hoses, considering getting a bike shop to do it as I don't have any experience with Hayes brakes.

20240721_190425.JPG 20240721_190446.JPG

That looks ace! Bet it's great fun to ride when you've got it how you want it.
Had a test ride round the block and it's really nice, surprisingly light and quick to get upto speed. A very capable addition to the stable. I think it need new tyres and wheels trued.

I quite like the Conti X-Kings - they're really quite fast for a trail capable tyre. Though if you're using it on tarmac, some slicks will make it go like an absolute rocket!

I quite like the Conti X-Kings - they're really quite fast for a trail capable tyre. Though if you're using it on tarmac, some slicks will make it go like an absolute rocket!
The contis will probably be getting binned as the sidewalls are quite perished and the tread on the rear is pretty bald. They are a good tyre off road but found them lethal on tarmac, felt like riding on Ice. I may replace with XC Fire Pros as they are quite cheap.

Got a pair of new Panaracer XC Fire Pro folding tyres courtesy of @Tootyred as the Continentals were wearing thin and perishing on the sidewalls.

These were an utter pig to fit. Felt like they were the an inch too small and were very hard to get on the rim. Then the inner tubes I had (26 x 1.75 - 2.25) were too big as they would bunch up in the tyre. In the end I had to get 1.5 - 2.1 tubes and inflate to 80psi to force them to seat the bead properly.

I'll get the wheels back on the bike at the weekend when I can dig it out the garage. Looking forward to seeing how it looks.

20240919_182928.JPG

Attachments

• 20240919_182928.JPG
    20240919_182928.JPG
    941 KB · Views: 0
Back