singlespeed conversion virgin, noob questions !

Are you sorted yet? That tensioner you're using, is it a spring loaded one? The one I had a while back was really solid, the Gusset Bachelor.

17724.jpg

It goes on the wheel axle and uses the derailleur mount to secure the tension. The chain will definitely not jump with it.

Your second option is to go up or down one tooth on the rear ratio and adjust the chain length to suit. Third option is to invest in a half-link chain and put one of the half-links into your existing chain. Keep the rest of it for future projects.

Are you definitely sure it's not the freewheel mechanism jumping?

I do have a set but they are set aside for another customers single speed build. I will be ordering more soon but there is a cheat way.
Recently instead of buying new bolts for my own bike I used conventional triple chain set bolts and a couple of a appropriately sized washers to fill the space. Worked a treat and saved me some money.

bm0p700f":2zmdhsnf said:
I do have a set but they are set aside for another customers single speed build. I will be ordering more soon but there is a cheat way.
Recently instead of buying new bolts for my own bike I used conventional triple chain set bolts and a couple of a appropriately sized washers to fill the space. Worked a treat and saved me some money.

where did you get your single speed bolts from ? they seem to be a bit pricey on the sites ive found !

I stock 'em. I get them through the cycle division but they are a trade only supplier. Can't remember how much they are. The cataloque is at the workshop.

bm0p700f":24a2imh7 said:
I stock 'em. I get them through the cycle division but they are a trade only supplier. Can't remember how much they are. The cataloque is at the workshop.

ahhh ok

Jonny69":2e2mplgy said:
Third option is to invest in a half-link chain and put one of the half-links into your existing chain. Then return the rest of the chain.

Fixed :D

Not that I have ever or would ever. €10 and one still has an extra chain. ;)

Back