Shows Us Yer FANNY...

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Pack ;)

Are my ears deceiving me or did i hear on the grapevine that the bumbag(fannypack in the US) is making another, or yet another, comeback.

Ive an old Specialized one. Blue with a central pack and twin bottle holders. Which ive actually used out and about and its actually far better than a full back pack. Certainly leads to less sweatiness
Not that you super fit lot sweat :LOL:

il get a pic tomorrow. But feel free to SHOW US YER FANNY

Re:

I've got a Local Motion "bum-bag" (or waist pack/lumbar pack as they're called these days :roll: ), I'll dig it out later.

Re:

I guess we can chalk this up to another 'The Radavist' trend. I for one can stand behind this as I wasn't "with it" the last two occasions. :LOL:

I used to have a Nike one BITD (not 100% sure if I still have it - will have a big around later!) that I rode with a few times, but tbh I didn't quite like enjoy the heavy bruising on my lower back every time I hit something rough on the trails, so I moved to a saddlebag and stuck to that (think it's still the same one I use now as well!)

Re:

Ok, so here's mine, please don't be too judgemental :LOL:

It has a zip!!! and it holds "stuff"!!

I did think of suggesting we have a "Rate my fanny (pack)" thread, but maybe it sounds a bit too close to other less salubrious web pages :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_20160810_192928.jpg
    IMG_20160810_192928.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 584
Ive a number of them, latest was a camelbak flashflo without the hydration bladder ... which was a mistake as camelbak wont sell the bladder on its own :facepalm:

one of the earliest is an alpine lowe, central space for water bottle and two side pockets for camera tools tube etc
Has bungee cords that will hold an os map if i go for retro navigation mode.

Picked this up at my LBS. It was tagged NOT FOR SALE - DEALER SAMPLE. I don't know if they even brought them to market. Never seen another quite the same. I keep meaning to try it, but I have everything in my Burton back country pack, and usually just grab it, pull the bladder out of the fridge, slide it in, and out the door.

a1c36bce-3898-436b-b879-e9add60d9693_zpswgyoungx.jpg

I had a great little Marin one BITD. Not sure what happened to it -- probably still in the back of a cupboard at the folks' house. Hopefully with my Mint Sauce pin badge still attached!

Frankly the bum bag is due a comeback. It works way better than a jersey with stuffed pockets. And looks waay less idiotic than the full on rucksacks that people seem to attack a trail centre with these days. For christs' sake, you're not attempting the north face of the Eiger...

Back