show us your gt's

My youngest stepson is a man after my own heart... His back lanes hack when we go riding has been a mid 90s Marin Palisades Trail since he found it left out for scrap last year & today he's dragged home this gem, again mid 90s? Unsure of the year as yet, dunno if anyone can help with that? GT Palomar. Will start another thread shortly as there's a few other things of interest (to me) with it.

He went to take another freebie parts bike (unbranded chinese Y frame abomination picked for the front tyre & tube) to the tip & came back riding this beaut having saved it from the bike guy there! He's getting to be quite the regular at the tip now lol, so much so that anything older or of quality seems to be set aside when we get there now...

His daily(s) are a pair of Chucker 2 dirt jumpers, bit new for here but could snap them if anyone's bothered. One in "white on white on white" & the other he's resprayed the frame in a Ford purple colour that I personally like but he's not sure on now.

Attachments

• gt2.jpg
    gt2.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 12
  • gt4.jpg
    gt4.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 12
My youngest stepson is a man after my own heart... His back lanes hack when we go riding has been a mid 90s Marin Palisades Trail since he found it left out for scrap last year & today he's dragged home this gem, again mid 90s? Unsure of the year as yet, dunno if anyone can help with that? GT Palomar. Will start another thread shortly as there's a few other things of interest (to me) with it.

He went to take another freebie parts bike (unbranded chinese Y frame abomination picked for the front tyre & tube) to the tip & came back riding this beaut having saved it from the bike guy there! He's getting to be quite the regular at the tip now lol, so much so that anything older or of quality seems to be set aside when we get there now...

His daily(s) are a pair of Chucker 2 dirt jumpers, bit new for here but could snap them if anyone's bothered. One in "white on white on white" & the other he's resprayed the frame in a Ford purple colour that I personally like but he's not sure on now.
Someone may confirm the year by the paint, but otherwise the frame number should tell you.

S

Someone may correct me on this, but I would say it is 1998.

Someone may confirm the year by the paint, but otherwise the frame number should tell you.
I have had a tentative search on GT frame dating but seems it could be tricky, will search up better when I have a minute though thanks.

Loz thanks for the pointer, only other blue frame one I've seen on site is supposed to be a '97 and the Palomar sticker is more stylised as if maybe later than mine but again, will try more research when I have time. Thanks all

I have had a tentative search on GT frame dating but seems it could be tricky, will search up better when I have a minute though thanks.

Loz thanks for the pointer, only other blue frame one I've seen on site is supposed to be a '97 and the Palomar sticker is more stylised as if maybe later than mine but again, will try more research when I have time. Thanks all
The second or third character in the frame number will give you the year it was made. The number should be on the bottom bracket shell.

Back